PrimePM’s process and toolsets experts…
can help you leverage your previous investments in project control best practices, people, and toolsets to create a scalable system. Scaling is the art of selecting the appropriate level of data detail, project control discipline, and range of project control practices to reflect each project’s characteristics such as the:
- Scope of work or technical requirements – is it a development project or a time and materials (T&M) contract?
- Complexity and project duration
- Resource requirements and staffing mix
- Level of technical, schedule, cost, resource, or other risk
- Internal management needs and priorities
- Contractual requirements – is an earned value management system (EVMS) or EVMS reporting required?
Scaling begins with a foundation of project control best practices that become more robust as the demands of the project increase. Small, low risk projects implement basic project control best practices. The data detail, project control discipline, and range of practices increase as needed for large, complex, or high risk project implementations. We provide a framework to organize and enhance your project control system, assist with establishing the right mix of integrated toolsets, and support your project controls team to define their vision and strategy to implement a scalable project control system.
Interested in learning more? Download the PrimePM white paper, Scaling an Integrated Project Management System, available on the Reference Library page. Or, read our blog topics Scaling a project control system and Scaling project control practices.